6.28.2011

Welcome to the Maxi Pad.

Reality Bites is such a fantastic film, and really made me love Ben Stiller ( director). I love the angst, the love triangle, I  love the singing in the car scene, but mostly I  love their style. Winona Ryder's and  Janeane Garofalo's that is. They were really great,  abstract characters. Characters I think we don't see nowadays, especially women characters. They inspired me so much, including their fashion/or non-fashion choices. * I bought some sunglasses online, that reminded me of  the ones' Vickie (Janeane)  wore in the car/singing scene. I plan to put together some outfits inspired by these characters, very soon.* The 90's style portrayed by these characters was so subtle, what I mean is they weren't so phased by what they wore as characters, and  I feel (even though I know I'm wrong) they were dressed like this with not much thought, it was the 90's that was just how early 20-somethings' dressed, no biggie. 









This movie just speaks to me period, especially considering the place in my life that I'm currently in. I might not be out of college but I am out of high school, in that ' I'm broke, angsty, and don't know what the fuck to do, or who to fuck' kinda phase.